Big Grok cards for Trainers, Educators, Facilitators, Therapists
Grok cards are now bigger than ever!
Big Grok contains two sets of large cards (10 inch x 2.5 inch): 75 FEELINGS cards and 75 NEEDS/VALUES cards. An instruction booklet contains descriptions of 25 ways to engage a group (10-75 participants; ages 8-adult) in discovery, understanding, listening, and connection. Playing these games and exercises can open the door for better choices, decisions, goals, and strategies to support health and well-being in relationships, work environments, classrooms, and communities.
Play the games and exercises to:
• promote social and emotional intelligence
• foster group cohesion and connection
• encourage listening and empathy skills
• create better understanding in relationships
• clarify goals and group vision/mission
• celebrate accomplishments
• improve communication
• assist in resolving conflicts
Big GROK includes the following components:
• 75 feelings cards
• 75 needs/value cards
• Instruction guide for 25 ways to play, including a section summarizing principles and practices of NVC.
• Sturdy box has an easy-to-open magnetic lid.
GROK is based on Nonviolent Communication (NVC), also known as Compassionate Communication, a process taught and applied internationally in work settings, organizations, schools, and homes. To grok means to understand in a profound manner. The term comes from the 1961 science-fiction novel Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein.
At the heart of NVC is the belief that everything everyone says or does is to meet a need or value. Once identified, we can share our own needs and together find strategies and solutions to meet the needs of all parties concerned. GROK is designed by Jean Morrison and Christine King, both Certified Trainers through the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC).
Want to learn more about Nonviolent Communication? Sign up for a course at NVC Academy!